Saturday, March 12, 2011

Metals New York Trip 2011

Here are some of the pictures I took while on the NYC trip with the Metals department.  We first stopped at MOMA and then got dropped in soho for some free time.
Warhol exhibit
Iconic
 Lichtenstein has always been one of my favorites.  His work is way bigger than I imagined.  Wall sized.
Oh Rothko...I just don't like you.
Neat architecture.
The wondrous things that this little boy described seeing in that plain black canvas...I wish I still saw the world like that.
Van Gough has his own security guard.
An old friend.
Jess and the tiny painting!
View out a fourth floor window at MOMA.
Freida!
One of my favorite pieces of art.
Indiana Jones X 2      hahaha
On to soho!  This was the absurd line outside Dash.  I guess maybe the Kardashians were in there at the time?
Cart Indian food!  Yay for scary new experiences!  Observe the terror on Jess's face hehe.
Adorable mini cupcakes from a tiny tiny booth on the side of the street.  The most delicious, expensive cupcakes I've ever eaten.  Definitely going to stop there again on a return trip.

All in all a lovely trip.  A great time with wonderful exhibits and carefree exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment